The cable started operations in 1994. Owner of the assets was always the Swedish Baltic Cable Aktiebolag (BCAB). BCAB is currently owned 100% by the public Norwegian company Statkraft Asset Holding AS. In 2019 BCAB was certified as an independent Transmission System Operator under the German Energy Industry Act.
The Baltic Cable Mission Statement
- Baltic Cable intends to continue to promote European market integration through providing valuable capacity to the market.
- Baltic Cable supports the European sustainability targets by improving the exchange of renewable and carbon-free energy through marketing our capacity close to real-time catering for intermittency in generation.
- Baltic Cable improves operational security by providing reliable power and system services to our connection systems.
- Baltic Cable stands for fair, transparent and non-discriminatory market functioning and endeavours to continuously improve market functioning through the applications of European requirements.
- Baltic Cable promotes the cooperation of TSOs on a multilateral, regional and pan-European level.