Become part of a unique and exciting development journey of a Single Interconnector Transmission System Operator (TSO).
Baltic Cable AB was established in 1991 and the cable, connecting the Swedish and German electricity markets, became operational in 1994. To the benefit of all European consumers, Baltic Cable is securing energy supply and European market integration. In November 2019, Baltic Cable became certified as a TSO in Germany, whereby a new landmark in the company’s history was set. As a consequence, Baltic Cable has now embarked on an exciting and unique journey into the world of European TSO’s. A journey that includes new, interesting, and challenging tasks in the fields of economic, commercial, technical, legal & regulatory matters related to the European electricity markets.
Baltic Cable is now looking for driven persons who want to join them and take on leading roles in this transformation. Become part of a fast-paced small company where you will have the rare opportunity to influence the role of Baltic Cable supporting European market integration in the area of electricity.
Baltic Cable is now strengthening the regulatory team.
You will take on an independent role with significant responsibility and will have the possibility to influence both your own assignments and the shaping of Baltic Cable within the boundaries of regulation. You will hold a key role in the transition journey Baltic Cable has commenced and will be the representative of Baltic Cable in various organisations, bodies as well as in negotiations both on a national level in Sweden and Germany and on a European level.
You will report to the Legal & Regulatory Director.
Challenges waiting for you
• Ensuring full compliance with legal and regulatory requirements for Baltic Cable
• Adhere to European and regional implementation projects
• Representation of Baltic Cable on working group level in various organisations and bodies, such as CCR Hansa, ENTSO-E, inter-TSO forums
• Acquainted with the regulatory framework applying to a TSO
• In-depth understanding of European wholesale electricity market functioning
• Expertise in European electricity market regulation
• Fundamental understanding of power system economics
• At least 8-10 years of professional experience in the European electricity sector
• International professional experience
• Language skills; English required, Swedish and/or German are considered an advantage
• Knowledge regarding market operation, capacity calculation and/or ancillary services would be considered an advantage
The candidate has an openness and readiness to analyse technical, regulatory and commercial requirements and put them in the context of Baltic Cable. You are eager to learn, have a quick grasp and are open to work on a big variety of topics related to European electricity markets and TSO specifics. Further, an entrepreneurial mindset, capability to work independently and assume responsibility is critical in this position. The position requires taking own initiatives and project management skills. The position also involves many touchpoints with other organizations and therefore a commercially minded and business-oriented profile with strong presentation and negotiation skills is required.
Baltic Cable has an open mind to candidates working mainly remotely, if the candidates living arrangements should require such a set up. However, regular presence in the office in Malmö is required. The position will also require travelling on a regular basis.
We envisage that you currently work within the energy context such as a TSO, a DSO, regulatory authorities, electricity trading, electricity generation etc.
What we offer
Baltic Cable is a Swedish company with a multi-national profile, placed at the heart of the Nordic energy hub in the Öresund region, with our main office in Malmö (commuting distance to Copenhagen). The company culture is characterized by a flat hierarchy, quick and short decision-making, cooperation and being a project-based organisation.
You will become part of a team that
• Promotes European market integration through providing valuable capacity to the market.
• Supports the European sustainability targets by improving the exchange of renewable and carbon-free energy through marketing our capacity close to real-time, catering for intermittency in generation.
• Improves operational security by providing reliable power and system services to our connection systems.
• Stands for fair, transparent and non-discriminatory market functioning and endeavours to continuously improve market functioning through the application of European requirements.
• Promotes the cooperation of TSOs on a multilateral, regional and pan-European level.
Baltic Cable offers an attractive and market-based remuneration, work-life balance, the flexibility of a small fast paced organization and teamwork in an inspiring international environment.
More about Baltic Cable
The Baltic Cable is a high-voltage direct current (HVDC) transmission line between Lübeck in Germany and Kruseberg near Malmö in Sweden. The cable started operations in 1994. Baltic Cable is a certified Transmission System Operator (TSO) connecting European electricity markets.
How to apply
Baltic Cable is partnering up with Academic Search International. For any questions you are welcome to contact Senior Consultant Per Malmberg firstname.lastname@example.org, 0701 653 100 or Researcher Johanna Ohm, email@example.com. All information is handled confidentially in accordance with Academic Search Integrity Policy as well as the new data protection act, GDPR. This means that we can only process applications coming through the applications system.
We kindly ask you to apply by submitting CV and personal letter (in English) under this link. We look forward to your application!